Pages

Saturday, August 08, 2015

Winner winner

Our annual trip to the OC Fair was made more exciting this year as I had an entry in the fair -- some chocolate chip cookies. In making the cookies for different events, they received rave reviews. A co-worker suggested I enter them in the fair. The original recipe was found online, and appropriately "adapted" for use in this type of contest.


Well, lo and behold, I won 3rd place in the chocolate chip cookie category! I was giddy with excitement the day we went to the fair to go check them out and get my ribbon. I made sure everybody had full bellies and that they had gone to the bathroom before heading over to the culinary arts area -- I didn't want to risk whining ruining my special moment!


In addition to my prize ribbon and 10 whole dollars, all entrants receive a participant ribbon, a free entry ticket, and your score sheet.


Maybe next year I we will try one of the more competitive contests, such as the table design. Only the winning entries for that contest are displayed at the fair -- it must be fun (but nerve-wracking!) to set up for the judging day.

Other pics from the fair







Our only annual tradition we have consistently done every year we have been together :)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Congrats on your win! How exciting!