Pages

Sunday, October 05, 2014

Baby gift 6/7

Winding down on all the baby gifts! Just one left after this one -- the hardest to complete, of course


This gift is for BT's sister. She and her husband have a claim to fame. A couple of years ago, they were on the show Wipeout. At the time, they were parents to 5 kids, but you would never guess that based on their energy and Katie's flat tummy. The show hosts capitalized on their incredible talent for making babies, and donned them with the nickname The Baby Makers. Here is the Wikipedia write up about the episode they were on. They did really well -- like, so well I overheard two conversations involving strangers talking about a couple who kicked ass on Wipeout after the show aired. I proudly interrupted to say that they were my brother-in-law and sister-in-law.


This was not Katie and Eric's first time on a game show. Each had previously made it to contestant's row on The Price is Right. I was at the show Katie was on, and she announced her 3rd (I think) pregnancy there. They also were recently on Wheel of Fortune. A dream show they still want to try out for is Shark Tank. You can imagine they have a lot of ideas for baby products raising (now) 6 kids. I had saved the gag box (first picture), purchased at Target after Christmas on clearance, for Katie and Eric. I was having a mental block about what to buy and/or make for them when I ran into Target's current display of products that were featured on the show Shark Tank. There were two baby oriented products -- a sippy cup with a weighted straw and a small lightweight take anywhere blanket. So serendipitous! Wish I could be there when they see the joke box. Hope they make it to Shark Tank one day :)

No comments: