Pages

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Schultuete

In celebration of Hank's first day of Kindergarten, I made him a Schultuete, or "school cone" (more about school cones here, and a blog post by my pal Barb about them). The big day is tomorrow, and though he technically does not need any supplies, I was too excited to wait another year to make him one of these.


I made the cone from a piece of poster board, and crazily decided to use hand cut fringe crepe paper to cover the thing. This step took much longer than expected, but so happy with how it turned out. I taped two colors of tissue paper to the inside to make the top, and added store bought stars and a mini chalkboard to finish it off.


Inside were a mix of fun items and a few practicalities. My boy, who is flesh of his father and already practicing his man skills, didn't realize a few of these things were items we already had.


The Plants vs. Zombies folders (Target) and Grow a Zombie toy (Dollar Tree) were the hit items. I was especially taken with the drumstick pencil toppers (Target), cheap washi tape (Dollar Tree) and owl latch on hand sanitizer (Dollar Tree). The ninja bubbles (you guessed it -- Dollar Tree) fit nicely in the point of the cone.


I considered making Everett a mini cone, but decided to wait until he, too, starts kindergarten to share this special tradition. He didn't care a bit about the contents of the cone, but couldn't wait to get his hands on the cone itself to do this.

1 comment:

damn said...

You have done a great job. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site.
cheap sewing machines