Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Baby gift 1/7

We welcomed a whole bevy of babies the past few months! 3 of my cousins had (or are having) babies, as well as 2 sister-in-laws, 1 of Everett's teachers, and 1 blog friend. Thought we were in the clear for a bit, but just "liked" two pregnancy announcements on Facebook today!

Congratulations to all the happy parents-to-be -- and so glad to not be in your shoes!

I will try and get through a little mini post on each of the presents this month. This is no small feat, as:

1 gift is languishing on my sewing table

1 has not even been planned

1 is planned, and I am negotiating with an etsy seller to have her to custom make something I likely could make myself if I sat down to figure it out

and 1 has a part of it circling 'round and 'round the southern states with apparently no interest to make its way to California.


This is the present for the teacher at Everett's school. I have a whopping $200 credit (I know, right?) at Overstock.com due to a politely worded email just informing them about (versus complaining about) some of the service issues I experienced with the freight company they used to deliver the boys' bunkbed  -- which I also hope to show you soon. Thought I would get a coupon at best, but never would have expected something so generous. That credit is burning a hole in my...computer?


Anyway -- I think about various "needs," only to go an find out good old Overstock doesn't have what I am looking for. I had fun shopping for some baby items, though, for some of these gifts. The teacher is due on the 25th of this month, and I feel so bad for her in this heat, and having to deal with a bunch of snotty needy toddlers all day. If that doesn't serve as birth control, nothing will!

No comments: