Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

B-a-b-y S-h-o-w-e-r gift

Remember this baby shower in a box that I was treated to when I was pregnant with Hank?

Well, the son of the aunt who put together this kind present and his wife are now pregnant. You have heard about this couple before here. As noted in my previous post, shortly after getting married, they moved to Paris. My aunt and cousin are throwing a "shower in a box" for the expectant couple. They are generously going to pay overseas shipping for all the gifts -- we just had to get them everything by a certain date.

I saw this idea on Pinterest, and really wanted to try it out. I hope it doesn't infringe too much on the ideas my cousin and aunt have for the shower, but it does make for a pretty awesome gift in addition to being a game. 


The bags spell out "Baby Shower," and each bag contains an item starting with that letter. Here are the items I ended up getting (I had the monkey onesie and hat on hand, so some of the additional purchased items were monkey themed as well)

Bib (the couple registered for multiple Aden & Anais items)
Aspirator (from couple's registry)
Bottle
Yellow ducky

Shampoo
Hat
Onesie
Wipes
Ear drops (not shown -- kinda weak sauce, but it seemed the only Es folks could think of were these or Enfamil)
Rattle


Everything fit nicely in small kraft paper bags, and I found some cute tissue paper to use with the bags. The blogger who provided this idea also had a printable sheet to use to guess the answers as to what is in the bags prior to opening them. I included a few copies so the expectant couple, and hopefully my aunt and cousin, will use before checking out the contents.

Pretty much this will be the holiday/party/baby gift blog from here on in. I have 3 cousins, 2 sister-in-laws, and numerous friends who are pregnant, so I'll be churning out clever presents using stuff from my gift stash I am trying to get rid of, and hopefully a few handmade items as well.

1 comment:

Heidi@TheMerryMagpieVintage said...

Such a clever idea!! And I love all of your holiday/party/baby gift ideas--keep showing them!