Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

Sew much fun!

Our friends' little girl turned 5 this month as well -- actually just 2 days before Hank. I was in Ross one afternoon just browsing for nothing in particular when I noticed that the toy section was overflowing. I guess the store was getting ready to go for Christmas, as a typical day in the Ross toy section looks post-apocalyptic.


There were a plethora of these little sewing machines in different themes for $12. I picked out a Lalaloopsy one and planned a little intro to sewing gift. This gift must have meant to be for little Kylee, as everything else I bought to accompany the sewing machine -- including the square box that fit folded fat quarters perfectly -- was on sale. 


I only spent another $9 on everything shown here minus the buttons and measuring tape which were from my extensive and barely used stash. The pincushion was marked $4.99, but came up $1.49! There were lots of cute ones, like a little owl and a Dachshund. 


To complete the gift, I printed out a few items from Skip to My Lou's Get Kids Sewing series -- including some sewing sheets (you sew on the paper itself) and a couple of beginner sewing projects. Everything came out sew sew cute, if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

Md Rifat said...

Yes your are wright and thanks for post a good topic . your post is

top most in related post of
The Felt Mouse.

John Carter said...

This is a great article, Thanks for giving me this information. Keep posting. small sewing machine