Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

30 day challenge: A house

This is a special house
It may look like your typical, everyday southwestern U.S. tract house. This one, though, belongs to two special people -- my parents. It isn't 6 1/2 (really 8 1/2 hours with two needy kids) away. No -- it is an hour and a quarter away from us provided there is no traffic. My parents decided when my dad retires that they will be moving back to California! There are plenty of things I have wished for in my lifetime, but this was something I didn't even consider as a possibility. I guess the seed was planted in my dad's head when I asked this past Christmas what would keep them in Arizona after he retired. He took that question to heart, and didn't have a great answer (not the weather, or the distance from us, or, well, the politics). So, they secretly started looking for a place -- not wanting to get our hopes up in case it didn't work out. It was sorta bad timing, as there was a bit of a real estate bubble again at the beginning of the year. But, they persevered and ended up with a house that met almost all of their specifications.

The house has 4 bedrooms and 3 baths. Why did they feel they need that much space? I still haven't gotten a straight answer to that question. But, they are having fun painting and decorating their new pad. So excited for when they make the move permanent!

**********

Favorite of the day: I, too, find people a little friendlier come fall, and now I know what to attribute it to.

Working on: I'm sorry gift

No comments: