Pages

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Week: Bring a homemade goodie and recipe

I wanted to use one of the many goodie bags I have hoarded over the years from the Japanese dollar store in fulfilling today's Teacher Appreciation Week present: Bring a homemade treat and recipe.


These bags, showing a mom and daughter toting bread, fit the bill. But -- they seemed rather treat specific. They are made for bread, right? I considered slices of zucchini bread (thought they would be too greasy and leak through the bags) or baked pumpkin doughnuts (would need to buy a doughnut pan), but ultimately went with pretzels.

Mmm - I know you are totally drooling right now. Auntie Anne's has nothing on me.
I remembered why I don't typically make bread -- I don't know what the heck I am doing. Despite their appearance, they tasted ok. Last year I spent considerable time hand printing recipe cards. This year I just printed the web address to a pretzel recipe on the back of the bags. Should be sufficient if somebody were looking to make their own  leprous pretzels.

**********

Favorite of the day: Bacon skewers!

Working on: My crafting calendar is open

1 comment:

Heidi@TheMerryMagpieVintage said...

Can I just comment on the breakfast party you linked? I see all of these breakfast tables with piles of pancakes on them. I don't know anybody who likes cold pancakes, so I just can't figure that one out. Maybe it's just to look pretty or something.