Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Checking my list: Mama made

Well, I made a costume last night, except it is meant for Christmas, not Halloween. It is for Hank's Mama Made gift this year, and thus completes my gifts for him!


Hank is very into super heroes right now. I can't imagine why, with a dad who has been a comic book geek since, well, probably since he was Hank's age. We are a Marvel oriented house, so many of the shows he watches and comics BT and Hank read together follow characters such as Iron Man, The Hulk, Spiderman, etc., although one of Hank's favorite comic books is Tiny Titans (which is adorable, from DC). I've heard that many boys have an easier time learning how to read with comics. Sure enough, these are the types of books Hank "reads" at night in bed, laying on his tummy, kicking one leg up and down, melting his dad's heart.


Hank has a few super hero dress up items that were given to him as gifts, but surprisingly they are almost all DC characters (Superman, Batman). I saw these masks, and knew they would be part of my super hero themed gift. I also made a Super Hank reversible cape, and a pair of arm bands (just kinda winged these -- curious to see how they fit).


If you ask him what he wants to be when he grows up, he says an action hero on tv :)

**********

Favorite of the day: Oh yeah - he likes rockets too.

Working on: The Halloween costume (for real this time)

1 comment:

Doodlebug Love said...

I so love them all and will have to have you teach me how to make these types of gifts when the wee one is older... You are so good at what you do. Makes me so jealous.. I shall call you Queen Crafter xoxoxo

Love, Jenn #2