Pages

Monday, August 06, 2012

Might as well try it

We are looking for a vintage long chime doorbell similar to this or this (not terribly picky about the housing, though would prefer something more on the modern side versus colonial/traditional). I posted an inquiry on Facebook, and nobody knew what the hell I was talking about, lol. Anyway, if you are remodeling, or know somebody who has one that needs a little dough, will pay up to $150 + shipping for one in working order, no dents etc. Max length 36" (of that max length chimes = 32") - max width 8 inches.

Fingers crossed! Have been using Search Tempest religiously for 2 months now, and have wanted ads posted on craigslist and Pennysaver. These buggers are hard to come by!

thefeltmouseATgmailDOTcom

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I will keep an eye out. I know when I go to a certain area of town for estate sales every single house has one of those in it, but I am not sure they are ever for sale? (People here probably throw them away after they gut those houses would be my guess.)