Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

How to catch a man

When I was in grad school, I decided I was going to learn how to make crepes on a whim. I figured it would be something quirky that guys would remember about me years later -- remember that girl who made crepes? I wonder what she is up to now...



The hubby and I recently had the opportunity to stay over night at a local beach hotel. It was a much needed getaway, and we got to explore an area that neither of us had visited before. The next morning, we ate at a local crepe place.



Do you remember when I used to make crepes? I asked.

He didn't. Granted, I think I only made them for him once or twice. After all -- I knew early on that I had this one -- hook, line and sinker. I still think the crepes had something to do with it :)

Easy crepes

1 c. all purpose flour
1 tbls. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. milk
4 eggs
3 tbls. butter, melted

1. In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients. Blend about 30 seconds.
2. Let batter sit 15 minutes
3. Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat with butter. Add 1/3 c. batter to pan and tilt pan to evenly distribute batter to a thin layer. Cook 2 minutes.
4. Loosen edges of crepe with rubber spatula and flip. Cook one more minute.
5. Remove crepe from pan and fold over sweet or savory toppings.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Yum! I've never mad crepes.The first time my husband came to my apartment when we met (still friends at that point) I made him a chicken and rice dish that he to this day calls ricearonicacciatore. Yes, one word just like that. I hope that is not what hooked him as I remember it being awful. :)