Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Things I've been wanting to make (and finally did!)

Kale chips


The kid is obsessed with anything dried. One of our mutual favorites is dried seaweed (which tastes similar, it turns out, to the kale chips). A favorite that he holds alone is prunes. He eats them like candy, and has even made reference to them tasting like chocolate. Whatever you say, dear one.

No knead bread


This one has been on the "to do" list for 7 years -- totally worth the wait.


Making my own pumpkin puree


I purposefully bought baking pumpkins to use as decor for this shower with the intent of baking them and making puree. I baked them back in October,



but have been holding off on a post about them until I used all the puree. I made pumpkin seeds (something dried, again)


waffles


Baked pumpkin doughnuts


and pumpkin snickerdoodles (forgot to snap a pic, but the recipe I used not that good anyway).

I actually have a cup or so left -- any suggestions?

**********

Favorite of the day: Free burritos

Working on: A vest

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Pumpkin cream cheese for your bagels.

http://pinchmysalt.com/pumpkin-spice-cream-cheese-spread-recipe/

or a pumpkin shake

Anonymous said...

Super healthy pumpkin muffins.
Email me if you'd like the recipe. :)
-April

Kerri said...

Pumpkin mac-n-cheese! I found the recipe on foodbuzz and I loved it!