Pages

Saturday, January 07, 2012

Stitched

Several months ago, Hank was doing his regular form of artwork -- making a giant scribble on a piece of paper, taking another sheet of paper and making another giant scribble, etc. I asked him to draw me some sea creatures, and this is what he drew


It reminded me of a page from one of our favorite books, Wonder Bear


I labelled the picture and put it on our fridge. With time and exposure to moisture, it became crumpled. I was afraid of losing this picture, as it was the first time he drew something purposefully. I knew I had to do something to make it permanent, so I stitched it


I copied the shapes onto linen and outlined them with a running stitch. I even included the blurb I had written at the bottom of the original. The piece was framed and hung above my sewing table. Hopefully this version will stand the test of time!

**********

Favorite of the day: Treehaus toys at JCPenney (cheaper in store if you can find them! Look for after Christmas clearance stuff.)

Working on: Birthday present

5 comments:

Lynn said...

What a great idea and a perfect fit for in your sewing room. Thanks for sharing this and have a good week!

Anonymous said...

Adorable... Can you please teach me :)

Jenn U

Leslie said...

Super cute!!!

eviedee said...

Love this!

Rosa said...

Brilliant!