Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Who's stressed?

A few of the non-ornament related gifts I put together this past weekend.

(Cookie hostess gift made from re-gifted items. Tin contains package of sugar cookie mix)

I have really over-extended myself this year, but so far I am enjoying it. My hubby, on the other hand, told me (jokingly) that I am making him hate Christmas.

(I put two holes in Grace's ceiling by not pulling the sticky hooks off right after the root beer themed baby shower. I made her a touch up paint kit similar to mine, but added a roll of masking tape, a Sharpie to label the paint containers, and a tube of spackle.)

That is SO unfair, because I have maintained good emotional control thus far. He says I exude anxiety, and he doesn't like that I am always doing something versus being a lazy lump on the couch.

(Hank's teacher is getting a gift card. I put together these little bags for the aides and support staff at the school using items from Target)

We'll see if he changes his tune come Christmas Day and he is enjoying all the compliments he receives as a by-product of all MY preparations.

(One of the cute boxes from Target dollar section -- the ones I want to buy in bulk even if I don't have plans for them -- filled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar purchased at deep discount. This gift only cost about $7!)

hrmpf. I am busy, but in control.

**********

Favorite of the day: This gal is rockin' the tutorials this month -- love them all!

Working on: The ornaments are done!! Moving on to gifts for the little guy.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Jennifer, I have to laugh because this conversation can be heard pretty much verbatim at my house. I've had a few moments where I've been teetering on the edge of a breakdown, but have so far been able to pull myself back. I haven't cried yet, so I'm counting that as a victory. Although my in-laws are coming this weekend, so maybe I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch...