Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Small Business Saturday

Amex offered a deal this past Saturday to register your card and receive a $25 credit for shopping at a small business. In signing up for the offer, I knew where I was going to go, and who I was shopping for (her girls).

(Have you seen these wooden boxes at Michaels? Probably not if you live near me, as I cleaned them out)

Bella Cosa is another favorite local gift store, and it even has a display of items that would appeal to tweens. I bought a newspaper covered journal and a peace sign necklace for each girl (the ornament kit was bought last year with the girls in mind after Christmas at the polar opposite of a small business, Target).

I spent just over the amount I will be credited for their gifts (and *of course* found a few items for other people on my list). I love shopping small!

**********

Favorite of the day: It's the Rolo that makes it

Working on: More ornaments

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Jennifer, that last link doesn't work for me, and I love Rolos so I NEED to see it! :D

Patty Biermans said...

Yes, shopping small for great gifts :)). That's my kind of thing. hugzz..peebee

Jennifer W. said...

The link should be working now http://www.mommysavers.com/2010/12/holiday-treats-rice-krispy-ornaments/