Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Roasted Pineapple Sorbet

One of the dishes I made for the tiki party was grilled pineapple. Ever grilled pineapple? Here is how to do it ~

Melt 2 tablespoons butter. Mix in 2 tablespoons honey. Slice 1 pineapple and put slices in a large Ziptop bag. Pour in honey mixture and dash of salt. Seal bag, and shake to coat evenly. marinate for 20 minutes. Heat grill to high. Grill pineapple for 2-3 minutes per side, or until heated through and grill marks appear.

Source: Relish!


The roasted pineapple is good, but not something you can eat too much of in one sitting, so I had a lot left over. I thought it might be good as a sorbet. Using this recipe, I made my leftover roasted pineapple into a sorbet. It was -- ok, but similar to the fresh grilled pineapple, it was something you only needed a few bites of to feel satisfied.


Making this recipe reminds me that I really need to use my ice cream maker more!

**********

Favorite of the day: Cute Halloween party

Working on: Weekend of fun!

No comments: