Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

New obsession

I'm at a B- level in terms of trying to lose weight and get healthier. I have started exercising more, but still have many food failures on a weekly basis (who keeps bringing the donuts to work??)


Needing some alternative to the unhealthy snack options that litter our office, I was on the look out for a good crunchy snack. Cheese, fruit, and carrot sticks are all fine and good, but sometimes you crave something a little more carby. I admittedly first bought these snacks because of the cuter that cute packaging, but can confirm they are really good. The best part is that they have sunflower seeds as the first ingredient, so are actually quite filling. I wish they might have considered rice flour to wheat in their composition, but must not have achieved the flavor they were looking for. I don't think I could ever be gluten free unless medically required, but I have found recently that cutting out baked goods, at least (those with a leavening agent like baking soda) makes a huuge difference for me -- we're talking 8 pounds a week weight loss IF I can avoid the goodie table at work {ahem}.

**********

Favorite of the day: Still looking

Working on: I pick things up, and then move on

2 comments:

Jane said...

Thanks for the tip. I will have to look for these. A good defense is a the best offense for me in the face of donuts, bagels, etc... And sometimes a girl tires of the little baggie of almonds.

sweet little sister said...

8 pounds in a week! Good going :) that's awesome progress!!! I'm tryin to lose too. It sucks.