Pages

Friday, April 08, 2011

One Fish, Two Fish

A little friend is having a Dr. Seuss themed birthday party this weekend. I thought it would be fun to make him a One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish fishing game. Other than magnets, I had all the other items on hand! First I made the fish out of felt.


Next was a vinyl-sided fishbowl to hold the fish. This was a little tricky to make with the fabric sides, but I think it turned out pretty cute in the end.


Then a fishing pole using a piece of a dowel that I have had just about forever. I painted the pole in a fun red and white stripe.


I then added a little tag with instructions for the game, trying to imitate the Dr. Seuss style.


The yarn pompom and red and white paper (from our Whoville Christmas) were recovered from the Christmas storage box.

Though we have a decent Dr. Seuss collection, we do not have this particular book. I think not being familiar with the story is the only way Hank will be able to give this away tomorrow as a gift, since he is enamored with all of the Seussical stories we do have.

***********

Favorite of the day: Love the sawhorse game :)

Working on: An Easter wreath

No comments: