Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mail call!

My blog friend of many years, Barb, has sent another one of her famous flat rate boxes!!


She really gets her money's worth -- this box was heav-y! What was inside. Well, there were the mandatory tiki items


including two Maori tea towels from New Zealand!

There were some crafty items


including two pattern sets to make on-the-go art cases, some cute trim, a full bag of stencils, and cute bird-shaped clothespins.

A few mousie items


including ornaments for this year's traditional tree.

And a few miscellaneous fun items


which were by and large confiscated by the kid. The battery powered candle (which you can really blow out!) is the new favorite toy around these parts, and the Japanese sponges are in the bath. Mama did save the candle, and the chocolate, which is dark chocolate with chipotle and -- Pop Rocks! Actually quite delightful.

Thank you so much, dear friend, for your friendship over the years and for sending these lovely boxes. Especially since this is YOUR birthday month, and I owe YOU a similar box :)

**********

Favorite of the day: Modern tiki house!

Working on: Work treats

3 comments:

woof nanny said...

I love snail mail! I thought you could maybe use the tee in a sewing project, like a bag http://woofnanny.blogspot.com/2008/07/t-shirt-bag.html
Or even in a patchwork (I'm making a hoodie with tees right now), like Laura's hoodie http://rickrackruby.blogspot.com/2005/03/this-is-back-of-one-of-my-new-hoodie.html
I thought Hank might like the stencils, and I looove those birdie clips (got some for myself too!). xoxo

woof nanny said...

PS: belated stuff for YOUR bday, and I still owe you that apron if I can ever figure out how to do it!

Patty Biermans said...

Enjoy your gift! Hugzz..Peebee