Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Easter egg wreath

I salvaged the grapevine base from last month's wreath to make a new version for Easter


The idea to wrap eggs in yarn came from this post (via Dollar Store Crafts). I believe the ones used in the post were plastic. I didn't want to risk burned fingers using hot glue to wrap the eggs, so I used paper mache versions from Michaels instead


and white glue. Well -- using white glue left a lot of glue shreds on the eggs, so that is the trade off, I suppose. In any case, I am pretty happy with how the wreath turned out.


I used a mesh ribbon from Cost Plus and twisted raffia for a bow


Happy Easter!

**********

Favorite of the day: Nothin' yet

Working on: More presents!

2 comments:

MegaMi May said...

My mom is gonna love this... She always says that something is missing for a perfect Easter.
Thank you!

Patty Biermans said...

It's a great idea and I love it. Hugzz....Peebee