Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

From the work basket: Sandwich wrap

Here was my last Work Basket project completed in June of last year. I stuck with this self-imposed monthly assignment for 6 months straight, and then fell off the wagon...


In the work basket was a FQ of Japanese print fabric from this lovely Easter basket. As soon as I received it, I knew I wanted to make a sandwich wrap (I think a tutorial was posted around that time. I ended up loosely using this one.)


This project received some priority, as I have been placed on a strict budget. It seems our food bill is one of the main spending areas on the chopping block -- not so much grocery shopping*, but eating out. I have actually enjoyed bringing my lunch to work the last couple of weeks, and am up for the challenge of slashing our spending in other ways as well.

The sandwich wrap can also be used as a placemat. It may get a little gunky, but most days I am bringing leftovers, not sandwiches, so I can throw the wrap in the wash the days I do use it. It's easier to stick to a budget when you can cutsify your bagged lunch :)

* Though we argue what I buy, and whether or not it is too "gourmet" - For example, I buy whichever whole grain bread is cheapest that week with the most "stuff" on the top, where BT feels a 99 cent loaf of cardboard - er - bread should suffice...{sigh}

**********

Remaining work basket projects (in no particular order):

- Quilt for my mom
- Carpet bag
- Tunic
- Vest for Hank (Sweet! Just found a tutorial that will help with this one)
- Men's shirt refashion

Completed projects:

Baby quilt (using BT's old baby blanket)

**********

Favorite of the day: I always wondered where folks got the cool stamps (via Snippet & Ink)

Working on: Gifts for a friend I am excited to see soon.

No comments: