Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Button Brooches

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to meet up with three of my pals from high school.


I have kept in touch with one high school friend over the years, but had lost touch with the rest of the gals until we all managed to find each other on Facebook. Our group was 10 to 12 strong throughout the four years of high school, and it was so good to see how things were going for the ones who could make it to the mini reunion.


I thought a little gift would be in order, so made some brooches. I picked out vintage buttons in similar color schemes and mounted them on felt shapes. I wrapped them in sewing pattern tissue paper (from this gal - I save every scrap she sends me!) and tied off with lace, a button shape cut from cardstock, and typeface inspired stickers.

One girl was not able to make it to the mini reunion, so I will save her brooch until the next one - or our "real" 20 year reunion in 2013 (20!!!)

**********

Favorite of the day: Hmmmm...

Working on: Valentines

2 comments:

eviedee said...

These are SO SO darling! I'd suggest selling them but they look like a ton of work!

leslie said...

another great idea jen, love it!!