Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Multi-gifts

I think my Christmas list grows exponentially year to year - more people who deal work with Hank at school, more friends, more neighbors, more co-workers. I tell my hopeful husband each year that we will cut back on the gifts. But...when it comes down to it, it just feels good to share and give even a small token (these gifts were all very inexpensive - we're talking a few dollars each save the movie tickets) to show our gratitude to all those who impact our lives.

So here are a few things we gave this year. Not anything earth-shattering, but nice to share ideas with each other in this forum.



Our hostess gift for parties we went to this month included a jar of homemade salsa (this one was lime-based, versus vinegar based like the one made here) and my favorite corn chips.



For co-workers and a few other key people, a chalkboard mug (inspired by this purchased one) with cocoa and a homemade marshmallow.



So happy with how these turned out! I used contact paper to cut out the speech bubble shape, and chalkboard paint left over from this project from long ago.



For the teachers and aides at Hank's school, the ubiquitous movies tickets in a popcorn box. I saved some money by using these cute squatty boxes bought two for a dollar, and using Christmas candy (chocolate Santa and a candy cane) instead of the typical box of movie candy.



For the neighbors, a jar with the ingredients to make love soup. I guess this is typically more of a gift for newlyweds, but thought the colors were kind of Christmas-y, so I went with it. Plus, I got the jars for free at Cost Plus with a coupon, and we had a lot of the ingredients already on hand.



For my grandma and a couple more folks we will be seeing for Christmas, a pair of hot mitts (like these) made with another sacrificed old towel. I love sewing projects where it actually takes more time to cut the pieces than sew them up. These go together lickety-split!

What small but thoughtful gifts are you giving this year?

**********

Favorite of the day: A new blog for the blogroll (via The Crafty Crow)

Working on: Christmas cookies - another gift for multiple people

No comments: