Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Holiday greetings

I don't know why, but every year after checking the Christmas cards off the list, I feel a huge weight has been lifted.


Not that there aren't bigger and more pressing projects on the list. I guess it's because I take care of so many people in one fell swoop. In any case, you may recall that I like to make homemade cards for friends and family (2005, 2006). In recent years, I have taken this a step further and challenged myself to come up with a small gifty element to accompany the card (2007, 2008, 2009).


This year's cards were fun to make. I ordered the mini calendars after seeing this post by Maitreya. In deciding what to do with the calendars, I determined that though I wanted to have a picture of us, I didn't want it to be overwhelmingly us. What could we focus on instead -- how about a big boat? The cards were finished off with a note indicating where the picture was taken and a holiday greeting to have a good year plus a magnet on the back to hang it on the fridge. It was a pleasant surprise that the calendars had a holiday page on the front to lend a Christmas-y feel to the cards that I kept otherwise neutral so they could be displayed (in theory) all year. They were packaged in glassine envelopes.


Fun and easy to make!

**********

Favorite of the day: Cute!

Working on: Back to a project from last year

1 comment:

Maitreya said...

Those turned out great!