Pages

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Tiny dancer

In determining a gift for the shower, I took a look in my gift bin for inspiration. I found a pair of crocheted ballerina booties that I had intended to use as a topper to a diaper cake for my sister-in-law's last baby. Unfortunately they did not arrive in time for that shower, so in the gift box they went. I also had on hand a cute thrifted fabric printed with tiny ballerinas. I figured I could make a little ballerina themed gift!


I started by making a fun baby tutu like people use for fancy photo shoots


I didn't believe the instructions, that said to use 6 yards of tulle to make the infant version, but now I wish I had used more tulle to make it even flouncier!

Next I made a tiny headband using bra elastic and pre-made tulle flowers


So precious!

A big round of applause for my model, Curious George.

As mentioned, there was a time sensitive nature to getting this gift ready if I wanted it to get to Arizona for free. The night it was due, my sister-in-law came over to find me cramming a ruffle-laden quilt through the machine.


I somehow finished the binding of the quilt and tying it off in about an hour's time.


Is it perfect? No. Is it pretty darn cute despite its flaws? Absolutely.

**********

Recent favorite: Aren't the colors used for this shoot fabulous?

Working on: Hank's birthday prep

No comments: