Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

It's raining -- it's pouring

Many moons ago, when I purchased the Keep Calm calendar printables, I also purchased a Rainy Day kit from Little Brown Pen. I love printables so much!! They are cute in their own right (in this case, just print 4 recipes for a fun-filled rainy day, including Eat: recipe for brownies, Drink: recipe for warm vanilla milk, Give: gift tags for the brownies, and Pamper: recipe for salt scrub) and slip them in the envelope you print and cut.


But, I figured it would be so much more fun to doll up this gift a little bit. I included elements to create the recipes in a small gift box.


There is some chocolate to make the brownies, a cute-as-can-be write on mug from Cost Plus for the Drink recipe, some pre-assembled labels for giving the brownies, and a small jar with salt in it for the Pamper recipe.


This is going out to a special blog friend who has been having a rough go of it lately, but is managing to keep her chin up. I *think* by the time this reaches her, it will be raining at her place as well.

**********

Favorite of the day: Is it too late to make these?

Working on: Writing the ultimate list of every damn "to do" I can think of that has been nagging at me.

3 comments:

telfair said...

So cute!! You always manage to find the most elegant gifts and go the extra mile to make them even more thoughtful & clever & special.
I hope someone in YOUR life does as many nice things for you as you do for other people. :)

mascanlon said...

Oh gosh, I just could face a really complete "To Do" list!

Very Mary said...

Your friend loves you.