Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Baby Shower: Chair for mama-to-be

As mentioned, The Baby Shower is being held at a zoo. There will be three picnic tables to use for the event.

(Please ignore anything you see in the background of this picture...)

I thought about how awkward it would be to try to sit at a picnic table for any length of time at 8 months pregnant, and decided to make the mama-to-be a special chair to sit in. I found the chair for $2.99 at Goodwill. Using spray paint I had on hand, I spruced it up a bit.


Then, came the cushion. I am getting a little low on funds for this event, as you may have noticed. I *could* have just used the chair pad it came with -- or recovered that one with some cute fabric. But, I just couldn't bear the thought of adding another craft project to my already impacted list.

(I already had this ribbon!)

I was all set to buy a pad a 99 cent chair pad at Ikea, which is the price I swear some of them were sold at last month. This month they all seem to be $5.99 and up at Ikea, as was the case at other chain stores I visited. Still being stubborn about not wanting to make something, I figured I could take a few minutes to embellish something.


I bought this cheapy pillow at Ikea, and just added ribbon for ties and a fabric covered button (from this chica years and years ago - you just never know when you are going to use something you receive in a swap package). I think it turned out pretty cute, and hopefully will be comfy for Danielle.

**********

Remaining baby shower budget: $11

Estimated project cost for chair: $5

Actual cost: Chair $3 + cushion $2 + ribbon $0 + button $0 = $5 (right on the money!)

Remaining baby shower budget: $6

**********

Recent favorite: Cute teacher gift (via Dollar Store Crafts)

Working on: Advice book

No comments: