Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Baby Shower: Gift

The best part of planning these events is the shopping. I'm not ashamed to admit that it's a blast to travel around to favorite stores and browse internet sites with a purpose.


Although it has been fun, I am trying to wrap up the shopping portion of things so I can focus on the projects (particularly the big ones I am putting off. Like a q-u-i-l-t.) So, I decided to get the gifts for the three events out of the way as well.

(A sneaky hand is lurking off to the left)

This gift basket (from our office - not included in The Baby Shower budget) contains all the items needed for a well-stocked diaper bag. The mother-to-be already has the actual diaper bag, but I decided to buy all the items she will need to fill it. The toys, book, and one of the blankets were left overs from Hank's shower. I purposely saved them for an eventual jungle themed shower re-gift (luckily my co-worker is an earth muffin like me, and is grateful for reused or re-purposed items). The basket is layered with disposable diapers, but the couple is planning on using cloth. A few of the items are off her registry, plus other things needed to fulfill the list.


Speaking of the list, I laminated a copy of it with places to check off either items she has or those she needs to replenish. I also wrote out the recommended index cards to keep in the bag with contact info in case the bag is lost and important contact information.

**********

(Not included in baby shower budget)

**********


Working on: Kisses again

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh.. How fun :) I have a box of of baby shower items and have no idea when I will be using it. I am so tempted to get rid of it in order to save space but then again I am hoping to actually be able to use the stuff with some creativity that I wouldn't have otherwise had.

You always make the cutest things and package everything so wonderfully :)

Great job and so adorable too. I would have loved the list when Maddie was little. It would have been so helpful because her Momma was always forgetful :)

Jenn - Ferfer

SpAzzGiRL said...

Love the idea of the list... ingenious!