Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

From the Work Basket: June

This was probably the easiest Work Basket project of the year. I was saving it for a month when I was particularly busy. Can't say that was the case this month, but I couldn't tear myself away from Hulu long enough to work on something.


Fortunately this project could be done while watching Dead Like Me. In fact, it only took about 5 minutes. Lazy, much? It is the hooded towel I made way back when, which didn't hold up super great in the wash (my binding needed to be wider. While I was at it, I fixed a button on BT's shorts. A clothing repair twofer!

For the next few months, though, I will need to be more task oriented. I have not one, not two, but three events to plan for! One of my employees is preggo, and we are sending her off in August with a baby animal themed party (hereafter referred to as The Baby Shower) decorated by yours truly at a small (adorable, and only $2 per person) zoo. I will also be making her a quilt. Next is a wedding luncheon for BT's cousin (aka The Luncheon - in between the couple's ceremony and the reception) that I will be decorating. Still working out the details of the decor with the mother-of-the-groom. Then, at the end of September, I will be decorating the dreaded LDS cultural hall - basically a poorly lit basketball court - for a wedding reception (The Reception) for another one of BT's cousins. I am over the moon in love with every detail we have discussed thus far for this event, and am just having the most awesome luck finding decorations for that one at half the cost I estimated. Hopefully I will have my first project for The Reception ready by early next week to show you. Let's just say it started with a huge frame I found at the thrift store for $16, only to turn over and see an Anthropologie price tag for $280!!! Wish me luck!

**********

Remaining work basket projects (in no particular order):

- Quilt for my mom
- Sandwich wrap
- Carpet bag
- Tunic
- Vest for Hank
- Men's shirt refashion

Completed projects:

January: Baby pants
February: Baby quilt (using BT's baby blanket)
May: Skirt

***********

Recent favorite: Really, the best mood board ever.

Working on: Party prep, of course

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for the wedding reception! I've been to my share of cultural hall receptions and it's just tough to make those places look good. But if anyone can do it, you can! :D