Pages

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

May 5th

So many things associated with May 5. Cinco de Mayo, of course. The birthday of the son of friends. My grandfather's passing. And also, Japanese Children's Day (formerly just Boy's Day was celebrated on this date in Japan). We chose this year to focus on the latter event by flying carp flags


Eating sushi


(Excuse the painter's tape. We stupidly decided to work on our dining room this week concurrent with preparing for our trip)

and coloring a samurai


We had quesadillas for dinner, so we got a little Mexican in, too.

I will be going on vacation for a week - don't have too much fun without me!

**********

Favorite of the day: I heart all travel posters, I've decided. But these are particularly rad.


Working on: Shifting stuff around to get our suitcases under 50 pounds.

No comments: