Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Craft Room Spring Cleaning: Supply closet

Tasks: Straighten craft supply bins and hem curtains



We've come a long way, baby. Once, all my craft supplies fit in a few plastic totes. Then, in a narrow hall closet. Now, the craft supplies have multiplied to the point of needing a bedroom closet, floor to ceiling, two bins high and two deep, to house them.



If everything wasn't so neatly organized, I suspect BT would have called Hoarders by now. Although, he is an enabler, building all these nice shelves for me. I think I mentioned it before but didn't show you how we utilize every bit of space in our closets. This shelf is one level higher than where you would normally have a shelf in a bedroom closet, and allows for one more level of storage. He built a narrow shelf at this height in all of our closets.



It was good to go through the bins and have the opportunity to sort and organize everything. Sadly, I only got rid of a few things. It is so hard to let this stuff go - thinking that some day I will have time to complete all the projects I have planned out in my head. If you want to see what the crazy lady keeps in all these boxes, click here.

I also trimmed about 5 inches off the curtains. Clock here.

**********

Favorite of the day: Sausage! (via JustJenn)

Working on: Oh, wait - there's more stuff to store.

2 comments:

Very Mary said...

he's an enabler - i love it!

Melanie said...

I am totally jealous at how neat and organized that is. lol My stuff isn't stored too terribly but this is just AWESOME.