Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Craft Room Spring Cleaning: Art wall

Tasks: Hang frames, buy art to fill 'em


Pleeease tell me I am not the only nerd to buy the frames first and then look for art to fill them? I only had a couple of the prints shown here to start with, and then bought some random frames with the hopes that I would find the right pieces to fill them. Luckily I did - lots of prints from favorite bloggers, and a few fun etsy finds filled the rest. You probably recognize a few of the artists shown here, but let me know if you are interested in a particular print, and I can get you the source. The doilies mounted on embroidery hoops were made by my grandma.


This is the second wall with the high bookshelf. The teeny tiny couch folds out into a teeny tiny bed for guests (isn't their an old adage about not making your guests too comfortable so they don't stay too long?) Since this is earthquake country, we always offer to take down the books if they make the folks sleeping underneath them uncomfortable. But no - guests cannot sit on the couch because there are too many pillows, something BT makes fun of me for daily. Barkcloth pillows here, "barf cover" here.


**********

Favorite of the day: Patchwork bug!

Working on: Sewing machine cover. Which, I've found, is difficult - making something for your machine while you are using it.

1 comment:

John Carter said...

I have recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work. sewing machines for beginners