Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

A basket of Pooh

It's Easter basket* auction time at church, and I wanted to contribute, but am a little short on cash. I decided to look through my junk to see what I had to work with, and found a big pile of Pooh.



Winnie the Pooh, that is. Two items, the striped scrapbook kit in the back and small green photo book, were items that I bought years ago on clearance. I have been to baby showers since then for moms who liked Classic Pooh, but the moms weren't particularly crafty, so these items have been languishing in a closet. I received the storage bin and blanket as shower gifts, but did not use them.



With these items as my starting point, I found the remaining Pooh stuff (memory book, comb & brush set, booties, toys, and pacifiers) at Big Lots. The best part is that I saw most of these things are still sold online through major outlets for twice as much! That said, the retail value of this basket is probably around $100, but I only spent $25 (this month - not counting the previously purchased scrapbooks).

Hope it does well at the auction! I never did find out how much my reuse basket from last year went for...
*The items are presented in baskets, but they can be any theme

**********

Favorite of the day: Cute party

Working on: Another church project

2 comments:

白色 said...

thank for share, it is very important . ̄︿ ̄

Very Mary said...

girl, your pooh is showing. tsk tsk tsk