Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Transition

My little boy is growing up.


Of course I knew this would happen, but it still just surprises me sometimes to see him running around the house doing whatever his little mind leads him to do, versus my memory of the little spaced out bean in a too big bouncy seat who could barely keep his head up.

{sigh}

Now he asserts his likes - sunbutter and jelly sandwiches instead of chicken. Water instead of milk. Read this book not that one again. And again. And again.



We had to remove the chair in the corner of the nursery as it was becoming a safety hazard. The corner looked very empty, so I put in a bean bag chair and some stickers of one of his favorites - cars. He loves to push cars around and make Vroom noises. So we also got a playmat to encourage his imaginative play



and I made him a new comforter cover using a Marimekko sheet from Leslie



I could have bought him a new car-themed comforter cover, but I would like to make something that incorporates cars, but is not an all over car print. I need some time to figure out how to make this a big boy room.

This will do for now. Cars and jungle animals all jumbled up. We're in transition, after all. He's still my baby, with the little boy peeking through.

**********

Recent favorite: This is such a cute idea - perfect gifts chosen for Rome, as implemented, but could be fun with other words as well.


Working on: Getting back on track with dinner making

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I know I have said this countless times, but that boy of yours sure is a cutie!!!!

And he's getting so big!