Pages

Friday, January 01, 2010

A look back

Although the next decade *technically* doesn't start until next year, isn't it more neat and easy to say we are starting it now?

Despite sometimes feeling like we are on the "slow track," the list below shows how much has changed. We are all undoubtedly changed people each decade that goes by. I certainly look a decade older than this 20-something college grad


(June 2000 - who are these people?)

In the last 10 years, I

~ earned my Master's degree

~ started my career

~ got married

~ became an aunt 11 times over!

~ proudly watched my husband earn his undergraduate degree

~ started a blog!

~ lost my father-in-law and several extended family members

~ went to Hawaii (finally!)

~ bought a house

~ had a baby

~ got a promotion

~ met new friends, reconnected with old ones, and cherished time spent with people I've feel like I've known decades longer

~ lived, laughed, loved

Thank you all for visiting me here! I do consider blogging a life changing event, as it has allowed me to meet people all over the world, learn new crafts, hone my writing skills, and create wonderful things for my friends and family. I'm sure one day you'll see the inevitable "this blog is closing down" post. But for now, I am looking forward to another decade as The Felt Mouse.

Happy 2010!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been a noteworthy decade for you! I'm sure the next ten years hold wonderful growth & opportunity for your sweet family <3 Right on FeltMouse :) -I didn't know you had your Masters Degree WOOHOO!!!

Love Of The Hunt said...

THANK YOU!!!!!

No one seems to understand that this is NOT a new decade....

God bless you for having a brain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alicia P. said...

xoxoxo sweet Jen.
:-), a

Katie said...

i love reading your blog and after starting my own i do have to agree, it is a life changing event. i was really feeling disconnected, being at home all day with the kids. i read your blog and thought i can do this. i love it. it is kind of theraputic in a way, like a way to reach out into the world without leaving the house...thanks for inspiring me!