Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Santa - Take 2

We went to get Hank's picture with Santa last night



You will recall last year's pic with the tiny sleeping bundle. I can't believe this is the same kid!

Anyway, we went to the same mall that we did last year, and were second in line to get our picture taken. They took a few shots, didn't let us look at them first, and just printed out our order. We walked away and looked in the envelope, and saw the worst Santa photo ever taken. I mean, I am not expecting some kids in the mall to take a professional picture, but this was beyond bad. The picture only showed Hank's and Santa's heads towards the bottom of the picture. The majority of the picture was a blue background that was behind them. At the top was a huge reflection of the flash on the blue background. Despite having a flash, the picture was dark - worse than my crappy early morning shots as of late, lol. Santa was in the process of scratching his ear, looking off to the side. Hank was squirming away, on the verge of tears.

I am telling you all of this versus showing you because I could not in good conscience pay money for such a terrible picture. It would have totally ruined the fulfillment of our annual duty. So, we got a refund, and headed off to the next closest mall. This was risky, as it was already past Hank's bedtime. We got there, and thankfully there was no line. The photographer and her helpers were over-zealous in their desire to get a good shot of Hank. Although he cried when I sat him down with Santa, they coaxed an almost smile out of him. The picture showed our whole kid, and, though Santa looks a little stern, he is not grooming himself. I was so worried about the look on Hank's face that I didn't pay attention to the fact that he has wedgie pants in this picture. But, there has to be something for his friends to make fun of him for someday, right?

**********

Favorite of the day: I don't know if it is just how the photos are arranged or what, but I want one of everything shown here!

Working on: Jam presentation (too tired to complete last night. I am already so behind!)

2 comments:

Cobwebs said...

Heh. Have you seen this site?

http://www.sketchysantas.com/

And perfectly-posed little kids take some of the charm out of photos anyway.

Rebecca said...

OMG! He's so adorable! Sorry I haven't visited more. I thought of you this weekend when I hung my snowman ornaments. :)

xoxoxo