Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

A long overdue thanks

Our table theme this year for Thanksgiving was inspired by a table decor idea on Real Simple



The aqua was appealing to me, as I had been wanting to use this set of dishes. Since there would not be enough to go around, I also used a set of dishes gifted from a friend's mom



The line is called Turquoise Sheba by Thomas & Co. Love them so very much! She also included some dessert cups and glasses that are just divine. It was hands down my favorite Turkey Day table to date*! Thank you so much, dear Ruth, for thinking of me in finding a new home for these beautiful dishes. Sorry the blog thank you was so late in coming.

* Odd coincidence that the best table to date was paired with the worst meal. I guess my mom and I were rusty after having last year off. Let's just say I've never had to send somebody out for a replacement for anything until this year. Oh, and we almost served a raw bird, being confident the two extra hours it was in the oven would eliminate any chance of being undercooked (guess it was still a little frozen). Then, I forgot that making gravy is not my forte. I'm sure we'll do better next year! One thing that turned out exceptional was Barb's corn pudding - make these as soon as humanly possible!!

**********

Favorite of the day: Leftovers

Working on: A garland for Hank's tree

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the turquoise! Those blue glasses are just gorgeous. I used a bit of that same blue in my decorating/crafting too--how did I never realize until this year how good it looks with the traditional oranges/reds?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful table! I've never known anyone else with Turquoise Sheba - my favorite!

Nicole said...

OMG! I also have some Turquoise Sheba and it is a hard pattern to find! Happy New Year!

Kim said...

Apologies for posting on this old post, but I just got an amazing deal on a set of Turquoise Sheba in near-mint condition and you're the only one who seems to have any information on it! Did your friend's mom happen to tell you what year she bought these? As a fellow collector of mid-century kitchenware I would love to find out more :)