Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2009

I'm a big boy now

After Hank rejected purees around 7 months, the food I was making for him was small chunks of individual meats, veggies, fruits, etc.



That was all fine and good for a few months (although it was a pain to cut everything up so small!), but now his tastes have matured (?) and he wants to eat more "sophisticated" foods - things that have different tastes all in one bite. He pretty much eats what we eat, even spicy food.

Breakfast has become a challenge, as he is no longer satisfied with a handful of Cheerios and a banana. Of course, I usually don't have time to make anything too elaborate in the morning, so I have been making some "healthy" baked goods and freezing them. Admittedly they could be even healthier, with the use of applesauce instead of sugar, for example, and I plan to work on that. The healthy part is the addition of veggies or fruit to the items I serve - pumpkin bread, carrot muffins, and yes, even zucchini pancakes. Other breakfast foods include yogurt, scrambled eggs, and oatmeal with blueberries.

Don't worry - I am totally prepared for when he rejects all of these healthy foods and decides he is only eating food that is white. Or that which is round.
*********

Favorite of the day: Such graphic impact and so unique!

Working on: Maintaining sanity

3 comments:

Andrea said...

My son is 9 months old and has started spitting every time we give him purees. I'd love your zucchini pancake recipe! andrea at lilkidthings dot com

Coleen said...

Yeah, could you post recipes?

Sarah said...

Ahhh, those were good days. Jack would happily scarf down Indian food!

At 5 we are finally coming out of the only peanut butter sandwich phase. Thank the gods.