Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hang on to yer hats and glasses, folks

I actually sewed something!!!



I know - I'm kind of in shock as well. The above is a "splat mat" to catch spills, and to make Hank's dining area look darn cute. The fabric is evil awful off-gassing laminated fabric, but who could resist this cute print by Michael Miller?

I also made a little lined bag to hang between the legs of Hank's high chair to hold his "high chair toys"


to be played with while in the high chair waiting for his food. Not to be confused with his "mom and dad's room," "eating out," or "diaper bag" toys.

**********

On hand: Fabric and Velcro for high chair bag

Upcycled: N/A

Cost: I purchased a yard of the laminated fabric and a yard of aqua flannel for backing for about $20 :(

**********

Favorite of the day: I am into any "bokeh" shot lately, but this one melts my heart.

Working on: There *may* be some more sewing projects on the table, but I don't want to get your hopes up that anything else will be completed in the near future. And by "near future" I mean in the coming year...

2 comments:

Junie Moon said...

What great projects you've made. Perfect and very useful. I'll have to remember them for any potential new grandchildren.

Gina said...

That's so clever and cute!