Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2009

For a good cause

I don't know how she does it, but Leslie is one of those multi-talented multi-taskers that makes the rest of us look like lazy ne'r-do-wells.



In addition to the myriad of other projects she is involved with, Leslie helped organize a huge rummage and bake sale this weekend to raise money for the Los Cerritos Wetlands. You can read more about what is happening to this area here.

I wanted a challenge - something that would make me have to focus and get something done for a change, and not use Hank as an excuse. So, I offered to bring 4 baked goods, and help out during the sale.



I decided to keep the items simple, but have cute presentation. I made Krispie Pops (Rice Krispie treats on sticks with sprinkles), People Chow in cups lined with vellum paper, Surfer Bars in sun-printed Ziploc bags, and Brownie Hugs (brownies in cupcake wrappers with a Hershey's Hug on top. The thought with these was that you could give a hug to a friend, hence the To/From tags.


All in all the sales went really well, I think. I had a few late nights, but I was happy to have the opportunity to help a friend while supporting a good cause.

Who knows - you might actually get some sewing out of me one of these days...?

**********

Favorite of the day: Wishing I hadn't eaten so much People Chow in my life that I might fit into this

Working on: Prep for tomorrow

2 comments:

leslie said...

oh jen!!! you MADE that bake sale. you made me look like a rock star!! (i KNEW you would though, hee hee!!) thanks so much and to brent too for all the truck hauling. hope you didnt get stuck with all that stuff. we had to take what we had to our house and the salvation army comes tuesday. baby hank was such a trooper too!! love you guys, sooooo much! xoxoxoxo seriously! so amazed we found each other in the blog world, awesome!

juliekintaiwan said...

Looks awesome! I miss baking. It never works out well in our shoebox sized oven.