Pages

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Dirt

Hank's day care is curriculum based, which I think is so cute that they even bother for the infants. He has an individual plan (which included, for this month, "Puppet Peek-A-Boo"), and there is a unifying theme that all of the age levels study.


This month the theme was dirt. I'm sure for the older kids they learned about growing plants and the like. For Hank's group, they did a couple of art projects and had water bottles filled with dirt to explore. It was great fun.



Over the weekend, we had the opportunity to visit the Noah's Ark exhibit at the Skirball Cultural Center with my parents. I've been wanting to do this for quite some time. The animals are made out of everyday items, and are quite impressive.



As a souvenir, Nanna bought Hank a felt story board of Noah's Ark. Looking at the background, I wondered what else I could use the board for. It is mostly water with a rain cloud printed on it. I thought plants might be appropriate, so I made some dirt (see how this ties in?) that has root plants that can be pulled out of the ground. A lake scene would work too.




Hey, here's Farmer Noah



**********

Favorite of the day: (speaking of dirt) Foam garden via ohdeedoh

Working on: A kitschy craft

3 comments:

LiEr said...

Thank you for linking to me! I love your felt board pieces - are they store-bought or hand-made? Wonderful!

mascanlon said...

Adorable! I have been wanting to get up to Skirball and see the exhibit too, now I have a perfect extra reason to go...my DGD needs that felt board! LOL

Full of Heart said...

I wrote a post today about how much I like the giveaway I won and you!