Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

And if that mockingbird don't sing

I love our neighborhood mockingbirds



(image from U.S Fish and Wildlife Service)

My favorite imitations I have heard over the years are sirens, and a fellow that tried so hard to imitate one of those car alarms that goes through like 10 different sound effects in a row. When he got to one he couldn't replicate, he paused and then continued with the next sound.

Some people (i.e. my husband and most of our neighbors) are sick of hearing the poor mateless songbirds singing their hearts out through the night. I, on the other hand, am up anyway and enjoy the company.

**********

Favorite of the day: Monkeys Always Look (via Design*Sponge)

Working on: Same ol same ol

2 comments:

Junie Moon said...

I love to hear the mockingbirds singing, too. We have them in our yard along with their cousins, Curved-bill Thrashers who have similar songs. The thrashers, however, do not have as wide a song repertoire as mockingbirds.

i am very mary said...

Behind my house is a very large pond, and I am quite fond of listening to the bullfrogs serenade their women.