Pages

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

I am not immune

It was with some smugness that I read blog posts this winter of folks that battled through colds and flus described as the worst the bloggers could remember.



I, on the other hand, felt unusually healthy this season. But you know what they say about pride coming before a fall. First down was Hank, who battled a minor fever. Then BT complained he was getting something. Finally it struck me - the worst fever I could remember having in years, aches and pains, and general malaise. Guess I am not immune after all.


I stayed home today and tried to rest, but you know how that goes. I did manage to finish our Easter preparations, including Hank's 1st Easter basket (a Little Golden Book of Bible stories, Vulli vanilla flavored teether, and a little lambie) and treat bags for his cousins.



I intended to adapt a style of treat bag topper used by my favorite new-to-me blogger, inchmark. The plan was to cut a bunny shape into a piece of white cardstock with a piece of fabric showing through (in this fashion). Well, even with an extra day at home, this seemed a little too ambitious for me right now. So I opted for pretty origami paper and letter stickers. The younger kids will receive a soft toy from Ikea and the big kids' bags have candy, a small toy, and an eraser.

Really hope we are for the most part done with the ick. And if any of you haven't got it yet, drink your OJ just in case.

**********

Favorite of the day: Aladdin Lunch and Go Lunchbox

Working on: R&R

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I, too, have had "mommy immunity" this year--as in, I"m too busy to get sick because I have a new baby. I did get a cold in January, though.

Brooke Reynolds said...

Very cute.. love your scalloped edges!