Pages

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Barf cover

or wrinkle cover, lap blanket - whatever you want to call it



This is a *sneak peek* of the guest room/craft room. It is the only room in the house that will be painted with color (Freshaire ~ Midwest Spring). The room is teeny tiny - only 7 1/2 feet wide. Necessitating the funky not quite a sofa or a bed from Ikea. It's white, which is generally a no-no in our house with two bulimic cats. Hence the barf cover.



I purchased the pre-quilted fabric some time ago at the thrift store for 3 bucks. All I had to do was add bias trim. Not having time or inclination to sew it on properly, I took the lazy daisy route and sewed it from the top, trying to catch both sides. That never works, right? So I went around a couple more times. I kind of like the effect.

On hand: Pre-quilted fabric

Upcycled: N/A

Cost: $5 for bias tape

**********

Favorite of the day: Bugaboo day trips (via Cool Mom Picks. Can't afford the stroller, but I love the Paul Frank maps!)

Working on: "Matching" pillows for this blanket

3 comments:

Marina said...

Love it!

Junie Moon said...

It's a cute project and the "barf" part makes me laugh although I do know exactly what you mean.

carolien said...

Haha, while surfing blogs I came across yours and I instantly knew what your barfing cover was for. I have a bulimic cat as well. I keep the bedroom door closed and in the living room things are a bit easier to clean. I've also learned to run real fast with a newspaper!
I love your solution and the story.