Pages

Friday, January 23, 2009

A Recipe for Storing Memories

My SIL is having her 4th baby, and she finally got her girl!

She is over the moon ecstatic, and has already started talking scrapbooks with me. I think I have made one personal scrapbook page. Any other scrapping experience I have is making pages for Katie.

I am looking forward to seeing what her girl-themed book will look like, but I also had another idea for her to record memories. I had this wooden recipe box from Goodwill



and also had on hand these metal dividers from Making Memories purchased a long time ago for $1 on clearance. They have words like Original, Giggle, Adorable, etc.



I painted the box fuchsia, and used every girly paper and sticker I owned to make a memory scrapbook box




The idea being that if Katie catches Megan doing something Adorable, she takes a pic, mounts it on one of the cards, and writes a little description on the back to record the memory



then files it accordingly.
I also included a few simple supplies - a glue stick, clear stamps, a pink ink pad, and a little container of glitter to glam up the cards if she chooses.

I file this one under C for Cute!

On hand: box, various scrapbook papers and coordinating stickers, metal dividers (Making Memories), embellishments, glue stick, glitter, stamps, ink, cardstock

Upcycled: Thrifted recipe box made into scrapbook memory box

Cost: About $2.50 for new hinges and pink paint

5 comments:

April said...

BRILLIANT! I love that idea.

Jennifer said...

What a great idea -- too cute! Awesome job and a fantastic gift for an expectant Mommie.

mascanlon said...

Wow! Now i am off to ebay search for those fabulous dividers...such a cute idea!

Ashlee said...

What a sweet idea and a very pretty finished product!

woof nanny said...

OMG I absolutely love love love this idea. Maybe you should submit this to a magazine. Or sell it. Something. This so rocks.