Pages

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Missing the Wedding Bells

On the way back from Arizona (you know, with a tired, cranky baby, and after sitting in a car that had taken on that travel funk smell that undoubtedly clung to us) we stopped in at the reception for one of BT's cousins.



I got a little splurgey on the gift, as I realized it had been ages since I had been to a wedding. For awhile, it seemed that we had a wedding to go to every few months. Then it was baby showers. We were the last of the Mohicans in the baby department, so now most of our friends and family are on their second or third (or even fourth or fifth) child by now.

So, now we have the weddings and baby showers of the younger generation to look forward to. You know, the people that were literally just kids when BT and I met.

Crazy...

4 comments:

Putty Angelica said...

Wow gift... I really want a gift in my wedding day from my father, he is so far, I miss him so much... By the way, congratulation, sister :) wish a good day for you and family :)

mascanlon said...

What a beautiful package and all your love and care hows in the wrapping. Lucky couple! Hope the trip home went smoothly too.

Kira said...

Wow!...you have friends who are on their fourth baby too? That's awesome! Most people look at me weird when I talk about any one of my 3 friends who each have 4 children!

Gina said...

Well splurgy sure does look good! I hope you've recovered from your trip! And happy new year to you!