Pages

Saturday, January 03, 2009

The last of the gifts

As of this post, I said I was done with Christmas crafting. Well, I couldn't leave well enough alone, so I made a couple more gifts (in addition to the hat I showed you yesterday - which was, of course, very last minute). I guess I was trying to prove to myself that I can still craft it up with a newborn in tow.

For BT, I made a French press cozy (using this tutorial)



We ditched the coffee maker when we moved, and have been pretty happy with the press. Keep in mind, we haven't made or given gifts to each other for Christmas for years. Why I chose this year of all years to make a gift for him gives you a glimpse of how gung ho (i.e. nuts) I was this year.

For the local gals, Evie and Leslie, I made a plate of cookies (gifted on a Target plate that suited both of their styles bought after Christmas for only $1!)



The cookies included Peppermint Swirl Cookies (inspired by The Small Object using recipe from Super Eggplant), and Coconut Macaroons and Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies from the Martha Stewart Cookies book. You can see I was too lazy/frazzled to melt the chocolate for the thumbprint cookies. My helper



was getting restless by that point. Though he did like the part when we made the "Care Bear Turds"



(name provided by Daddy)

2 comments:

leslie said...

i am snacking on these cookies as i write, yum!!! thanks jen and the plate is perfect!

i am very mary said...

If those are cookie crumbs on the babelet's noggin? Then you are seriously my kind of girl;)