Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hi, I'm 12

Of course I feel privileged to have watched today's events, and listened to a great man speak.

But, it is also fun to take said man's speech and make a Mad Libs version of it.

Here is the Hank version:

My fellow Americans, today is a crabby day. You have shown the world that "hope" is not just another word for "poopie diaper", and that "change" is not only something we can believe in again, but something we can actually cry.

Today we celebrate, but let there be no mistake – America faces giggly and cute challenges like never before. Our economy is chubby. Americans can barely afford their mortgages, let alone have enough money left over for fists of fury. Our healthcare system is bright-eyed. If your widdle feet is sick and you don't have insurance, you might as well call a professional baby. And America's image overseas is tarnished like a swing bouncy seat. But cooing together we can right this ship, and set a course for Hank's pad.

Finally, I must thank my sleepy family, my fussy campaign volunteers, but most of all, I want to thank Hank-a-rank-a-roo for making this historic occasion possible. Of course, I must also thank you, President Bush, for years of sleeping the American people. Without your playful efforts, none of this would have been possible.

And in case you were wondering what a "Hank-a-rank-a-roo" is, it a Hank dressed up as a cowboy





4 comments:

Melanie said...

Ha! I love the action shots. Those knit cowboy boots are adoreable. Pity he's already learned how to send one flying at you. You've got your hands full with this little guy! ;)

Laine said...

Those cowboy booties are quite possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen! I mean, next to Hank, of course.

leslie said...

that was a literally "kick ass" post... i am sure you love having those shoes fall off when you are rushing through the store, ha ha! ahhh parenthood!

jungle dream pagoda said...

So adorable!!!!!
1st I love the mad-libs!
2nd your your Hank is tooo adorable and LOVE his name!
3rd It is so sweet that you have this total slacker-blogger still on your mailing list!Thank you for your super sweet and super clever newyears gift! where do you find the time?