Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Inspired to act

I am not typically the type to "write to my congressperson" about issues. My union at work is continually sending out messages to forward to our representatives to beseech them for increased pay to allow our salaries to be more in line with those of other government agencies, but even the expectation of more money usually just causes me to yawn and hit the delete button.

This, on the other hand, is a more weighty issue, in my opinion. I don't know if the testing regulations would extend, as the writer suggests, to small toy makers, including those who sell on etsy. But, knowing the foreign toy makers could be affected sends me into a panic, as we are a European toy loving family.

So, this am I sent off copies of this letter to our Senate and Congressional representatives. I applaud the efforts of our government to look for ways to make our children's toys safer, but don't paint regulations on the vast toy market with too broad of a brush!

No comments: