Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

All about family

If you are family and don't want to see what you are getting for Christmas, best look away now!

Making some headway on the Christmas crafting front. Admittedly I had a good start on these two projects prior to Hank's arrival.

For my mother-in-law, a collaged piece called "Grandma's Legacy"



The flowers have the names of all her grandkids - 10 so far. I used the Basic Grey Urban Prairie Collection paper again.

And for BT's siblings, Family Tree ornaments



The tree design (pompoms on the branches, felt and button topper) was inspired by a felt tree knicknack I saw at Dollar Tree, of all places. The back of the ornaments are embroidered with each family's name. The tiny picture frames hold pics of my adorable nieces and nephews.

I bought a few extras of the frames and have a few extra flowers hidden behind the frame for my mother-in-law, since grandma's legacy is still ongoing!

1 comment:

Coleen said...

you are too good! i won't be making anything besides cookies & such... loved that picture by the way, that's a cute kid you've got!!!